VA Topeka - Domestic Water Heating for Various BuildingsThe project consisted of the removal of large domestic hot water storage tanks with integral steam shell and tube heat exchangers in five buildings on the Topeka VA Campus. The tanks were original to the construction of these buildings in the 1950’s. The large tanks were replaced with significantly smaller semi-instantaneous, steam heat, domestic water heaters. The campus 25 psi medium pressure steam system was utilized as the heating for the water heaters. The buildings’ existing domestic water softeners, 3-way mixing valves, and domestic hot water return pumps were incorporated into the piping design for the new heaters. LSA performed detailed on-site field work to determine how the heaters would fit in the building’s original mechanical rooms while maintaining proper maintenance clearances for the VA operating staff.
VA Topeka & Leavenworth - Pharmacy Isolation ModificationsThe Central Veterans Affairs (VA) set new requirements for compounding procedures which includes separating non-hazardous from hazardous operations. These projects, located in Topeka and Leavenworth, created a new clean room for the non-hazardous operation and added an anteroom. Air pressures levels were critical to maintain. A redundant air handling unit (AHU) and cooling system was also included.
- VA Topeka & Leavenworth - Pharmacy Isolation Modifications
- VA Topeka - Domestic Water Heating for Various Buildings
- VA Columbia - Waste & Vent Piping Replacement
- VA Topeka - Campus Fire Alarm Upgrade
- VA KC - Lateral Piping Replacement, Solar Heating & Wind Turbine
- VA KC - PET/CT Scan Installation
- VA Leavenworth - Eisenhower Ridge Building 19 Restoration and Renovation