Gymnasiums, Field Houses & Stadiums
YMCA Southwest BranchLSA provided the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design for this new 41,000 SF community fitness center. This facility features a 4,000 SF swimming pool area with slide and on-deck whirlpool, a full court gymnasium, a multi-purpose room for exercise classes, a weight and fitness room with elevated running track and Fitlinxx computerized fitness system, locker rooms, a youth activity room, and a nursery. The HVAC system includes general rooftop units for all areas except the pool and locker rooms, which feature energy recovery units.
The lighting design for the facility has earned an Illumination Design Award from the Illuminating Engineering Society.
Washburn University - Whiting Fieldhouse & Petro Allied Health Center RenovationThe 64,000 SF Whiting Fieldhouse & Petro Allied Health Center renovations include a new basketball court, varsity locker rooms, a weight room, a laundry room, classrooms, meeting rooms and office space. LSA provided the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, fire alarm, telecom and audio/visual design for the remodel of the buildings. The HVAC design includes a roof-mounted 160 ton air-cooled chiller with a remote chiller evaporator barrel and a hot water heating plant.
- USD 501 - Topeka High School Gymnasium
- USD 501 - Hummer Sports Park
- Hoglund Ballpark - University of Kansas
- USD 501 - Topeka West Gymnasium
- USD 320 - Wamego High School Improvements
- University of Kansas - Student Recreation Center
- Washburn University - Whiting Fieldhouse & Petro Allied Health Center Renovation
- Emporia State University - Student Recreation Center
- Highland Community College - Wellness Center
- YMCA Southwest Branch
- USD 329 - Wabaunsee High School Addition